Modeling the N.Y.S.& W. Passenger Station
Sussex, New Jersey
"By the way, your drawings are fantastic, a blind man could build the depot by your plans." -Don Spiro
The dimensions in these drawings are based upon photographs, minor speculation and the footprint dimension as published in the Sussex Independent in 1872 when the station was built.
I drew up these plans as a favor to a friend, Don Spiro, but it has served as a good precursor to finishing my Newton DL&W Depot plans as both stations had a full portico. Any feedback should be sent to me here.
If you ever had opportunity to be INSIDE this station, I'd love to attempt a floor plan.
- End (both ends are identical)
- Track Side
- Bay Window detail
- Street Side (Intelligently guessed at from past experience and observation.)
Donations of photographs or scans of photographs of this or any other Sussex County, New Jersey railroad station are always welcome.
Photographs are from the following books:
- The Next Station Will Be... An Album of Photographs of Railroad Depots in 1910, Vol. 1, New York, Susquehanna & Western, Middletown & East, A Railroadian Book-1973
- A Penny A View.... an album of postcard views: ...Railroads of Sussex Co., N.J., Vol. 2, Wayne T. McCabe & Kate Gordon
- Susquehanna, New York, Susquehanna & Western Railroad, John Krause & Ed Crist
Report Broken Link